Subject: FS#11696 - scrollwheel not responding on e200 v1

FS#11696 - scrollwheel not responding on e200 v1

From: Magnus Holmgren <magnushol_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 21:32:35 +0100

Hi,

I had a look at FS#11696, and I may have found the cause. My theory is
that button release events aren't always posted, e.g., if repeat
events haven't been processed while the UI is busy with other things.
This in turn can cause get_action_worker in action.c from ignoring
things like wheel events until a release is seen on the new screen
(see the if statement on line 208 using r28144). To fix that, the
patch makes all BUTTON_REL events force-posted (in button_try_post).
It looks promising in some quick testing...

I'd appreciate if someone more familiar with the button.c code (and
action.c, I guess) could take a look at it, and see if it makes sense.
Oh, and testers would be nice too, of course. :)

Link to bug report: http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/11696

--
  Magnus