Subject: Re: brain dump regarding playlist management

Re: brain dump regarding playlist management

From: Teruaki Kawashima <kamekun_at_r6.dion.ne.jp>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 23:28:25 +0900

(2010/11/17 14:53), Jonathan Gordon wrote:
> I don't know if it is a broken use case or not, but the problem brought up
> in the thread is that there is no way to instert one (or a few) tracks from
> one playlist into another (including new file, or currently playing).

There is one way to add single file in a playlist to another (or new)
playlist in the Playlist Catalog directory. but it can't be added to
current playlist.
I agree it should be able to do.

> 3) the default action on .m3u files should be to open it in the viewer

I disagree. it should be to start playback as it is what .m3u is for,
not for being viewed imo.
btw, in the current code, selecting first item in a playlist is
different from playing it directry when shuffle is on. the playlist
doesn't get shuffled.
It must be fixed if the default action is changed.
Or add item to context menu which starts the playlist.

1,2, and 4 sound good to me.
I think "Playlist Viewer Settings" in context menu of the playlist
viewer can be moved to context menu on Main menu.

teru