Subject: Re: Automatic multi-resume feature for podcasts and audiobooks (FS#11748)

Re: Automatic multi-resume feature for podcasts and audiobooks (FS#11748)

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 19:21:46 -0600

On 12/15/2010 7:09 PM, David Hall wrote:
> A - location bases defining of podcasts and or audiobooks (hereafter
> referred to as simply podcasts).
> B - File extension based defining.
> C - File metadata (tag) based defining.
> D - Rockbox-specific metadata not stored in the file.

E - Resume all files longer than X duration.
F - Resume all files.

I haven't actually heard any specific concerns about simply treating all
files equally (the question of whether or not files within a playlist
other than the initial file is a separate question I think).

I think that "which files to auto-resume" will be easier to discuss if
there's a settled agreement on deciding when and how to resume. "All
files" is probably really bad if you have every file resume, every time
except if the last listen reached the end of the file. On the other hand
"All files" is a lot less problematical (in my mind) if resuming only
happens on manual selection of a file, or with a custom insertion
option, since then it's always an explicit resume it's just an explicit
resume that doesn't require fiddling with bookmarks or anything.