Subject: Re: Automatic multi-resume feature for podcasts and audiobooks (FS#11748)

Re: Automatic multi-resume feature for podcasts and audiobooks (FS#11748)

From: Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:01:29 +0100

On 22.12.2010 02:47, Mike Giacomelli wrote:
>> As I've said a few times, we should take a step back and try to come to
>> a consensus of what should be addressed ignoring what this patch does or
>> does not address, then hold this patch up against that and see if it
>> fits within that scope.
>
> Are you actually interested in implementing this consensus though? I don't see much interested in actually working on this patch. JdGordon and I were the only ones even willing to review it. Talk is great, but interest is better and that seems definitely lacking here.

I'm not really seeing that it's Paul's duty or responsibility to to
implement anything. sideral is seeking for its inclusion, not Paul.
sideral should be refining the patch until we're happy enough with the
consensus, shouldn't he?

I looked at the patch a bit, but there's little point in reviewing the
code changes if I'm not entirely confident with what the patch
implements. And I'm not entirely confident because I see a vast
discrepancy between what the patch essentially offers as new features
and the degree and complexity of configuration it adds.

Best regards.