Subject: Re: Automatic multi-resume feature for podcasts and audiobooks (FS#11748)

Re: Automatic multi-resume feature for podcasts and audiobooks (FS#11748)

From: sideral <asieoniezi_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 01:21:50 +0100

Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com> writes:

> It's quite different for me. I may listen to one book only to find it
> wasn't the right length for a trip. The next time I take a trip may be
> some time later, and I wish to start the book again. I do this pretty
> regularly, and I don't want resume points littering my collection,
> while I'd still like them for podcasts.

I see.

Here's another thought. As I mentioned before, I view the autoresume
position as a per-track feature (hence, it has its place in the
database), whereas bookmarks take snapshots of playlists. Arguably,
what you want for your audiobooks is a bookmark, not a resume point for
each track. You shouldn't be using autoresume for your audiobooks at
all (that is, enable autoresume for your Podcasts directory only).

(I know that right now, bookmarks don't work when taken from a
database-generated playlist. That should be fixed -- by someone
else. ;-)

sideral