Subject: Re: Automatic multi-resume feature for podcasts and audiobooks (FS#11748)

Re: Automatic multi-resume feature for podcasts and audiobooks (FS#11748)

From: Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 11:17:26 +0100

On 04.01.2011 10:11, sideral wrote:
>> Additionally, and that's probably because it's not my use case, but I
>> find the preciousness you put into a resume point exaggerated.
> In a later message, Thomas writes:
>
>> Although I'd like to add that resume points are also not stored within
>> the *last* 15s of a song, because I usually have the "Skip to outro"
>> setting enabled.
> So you find your resume point a little more "precious" than you
> originally thought, eh? ;-)

No, it's not about losing the last resume point. I don't want songs to
start 5s before the end just because I had skip to outro on the last time.

> I understand the request; from a user's perspective, it would make
> skipping forward work the same way as skipping backward: press Right
> twice to skip to next track without losing the current playback
> position.

With skip to outro on you need to press next twice to get to the next
song yes.

> Unfortunately, this will be considerably harder to implement. In the
> regular case (when not skipping to outro), the resume point needs to be
> reset when automatic track change is in progress, whereas you suggest to
> omit this update when the outro was reached by way of "skip to outro".
> I have yet to figure out a robust way to discern the two cases.

I understand that it's harder to implement. It's not really important I
guess, since usually you let the song play out after skipping to the
outro in which case no new resume point is saved.

Best regards.