Rockbox mail archiveSubject: Re: Google Summer of Code 2011 ideas needed!
Re: Google Summer of Code 2011 ideas needed!
From: Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 23:44:58 +0100
I was brainstorming a bit in IRC . I'll just drop the ideas we had
since they're not formalized enough to put them on the ideas page.
Perhaps we can brainstorm together.
* Redesigning the db to allow more flexible queries and to be more
efficient (and because the current db is practically unmaintained),
possibly starting as a pc app
* Refactoring our underlying kernel so we can run on top of other
kernels natively (we still implement our own threading library and
kernel primitives on RaaA which is not ideal) and a tickless system -
might possibly involve working with preemptive threads
* Remaking bookmarks to work properly with the database; unifying it
with auto-resume is also an idea
* the playlist code also doesn't work properly with the database,
additionally the playlist viewer is buggy for long playlists due to its
memory management: it could need a bit of love too
* Native widgets (lists and others) on android seems to be wanted by
Received on 2011-02-28