Subject: Re: Database and bookmarks/playlists

Re: Database and bookmarks/playlists

From: Michael Sparmann <theseven_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 14:15:22 +0100

> I have a directory that contains a large number of radio programs
> (think podcasts here). I choose one to play, and may not finish
> listening to that episode before switching the player off. Next time
> I start up, I want to resume from where I left off. Now if I re-sync
> the player with the computer between listening sessions, there's a
> good chance that some files will have been deleted and others added
> to that directory, making the resume pick up the wrong file.

Does this really depend on the playlist refreshing behavior?
If the file being played is gone, there's just no way to resume it.
If other files have been added/removed, I think the playlist should
refresh itself, but resuming should be made clever enough to pick the
right file to resume nevertheless. There must be a way to do that.

Just my two cents.