Subject: Re: Database and bookmarks/playlists

Re: Database and bookmarks/playlists

From: pondlife <pondlife_at_pondlife.me>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 13:23:12 -0000

> I have a directory that contains a large number of radio programs
> (think podcasts here). I choose one to play, and may not finish
> listening to that episode before switching the player off. Next time
> I start up, I want to resume from where I left off. Now if I re-sync
> the player with the computer between listening sessions, there's a
> good chance that some files will have been deleted and others added
> to that directory, making the resume pick up the wrong file.

This is a case where automatic playlist regeneration would be best avoided,
I think. Resuming would continue to play the previous playlist, thus
continuing with the correct program with no need for any clever code. (I
don't much like "clever code".)

The thing you'd lose would be the automatic addition of new files, which
could be accomplished with a "Refresh Playlist" menu option.

pondlife