Subject: Re: FS#11615 - dynamic screen size.. time to commit

Re: FS#11615 - dynamic screen size.. time to commit

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 12:33:45 +0100

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 12:18 PM, Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> As an option could we build every version of credits or other "mandatory"
> plungins but for other plugins have RBUtil install them? If we don't do
> automatic screen size in plugins, Rockbox could just write the screen size
> to disk somewhere the utility can find it, perhaps?

I don't see Rockbox Utility as in place here. All affected targets (at
least to the best of my knowledge) have their own packaging system,
and putting Rockbox Utility on top of that doesn't make sense to me.
The only sensible way would be to make plugins support dynamic
resizing as well. Obviously that would be quite a lot of work ... on
the other hand, what plugins do we want to support on those platforms
at all? I don't see much plugins to be useful -- you can get tools and
games as native apps for the host.

 - Dominik