Subject: Re: GSoC 2011 unionfs Project Idea

Re: GSoC 2011 unionfs Project Idea

From: Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 09:10:43 +0100

On 16.03.2011 22:09, Marcelo Galvão Póvoa wrote:

> So, an alternative for those who doesn't bother too much with writing
> seamlessly is to implement a "merged folder view" inside the database.
> Since it is a simpler task, my approach to this second project would
> be incrementing tagnavi with more features, since I'd probably have to
> work on it anyway.

The database already merges multiple volumes. It's just not
hotplug-aware and there's no query for the paths/filenames. But anyway,
I think this would be rather simple to implement (the latter, at least)
and not worth a GSoC project.

I think a real unified file view via the file browser (or even both) is
what we want. For writing capabilities and to not impose the database to
people.

Best regards.