Subject: Re: GSoC projects: Relocatable plugins or buflib in core

Re: GSoC projects: Relocatable plugins or buflib in core

From: Alex Parker <parker.alex.e_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 15:34:15 +0200

On 29 March 2011 11:06, Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de
> wrote:

> On 29.03.2011 10:58, Jonathan Gordon wrote:
>
> And I really cant see you leaving if you didnt get the
> spot. Also think of it like this, if you think you'll have time to
> acts as student why not act as a mentor? You get the tshirt **and** help
> out the new blood.
>

> The student side is the more fun side because it involves coding :) But of
> course, the money is also a factor.
>
> Best regards.

There are two sides to weigh up - new blood vs. more confidence in both the
ability and commitment of the student. This isn't a straightforward
decision IMO, it depends on the application and skills and community
interaction of the existing + new students. All else being equal it'd be
great to get new people in, not only to Rockbox but to open source coding in
general. However, I would still strongly encourage you to apply, you never
know what is going to happen :)