Subject: GSoC/Buflib: Weeky report #3

GSoC/Buflib: Weeky report #3

From: Thomas Martitz <kugel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 20:15:06 +0200

Hello guys,

In the past week I worked on implementing the API I proposed in my
previos mail. I finished that. I also added some test cases which
hopefully make sure buflib keeps in a working state (in fact, they
already helped me finding bugs and regressions). Again this is all on my
GitHub[1].

So, together with my anti-audiobuf-access patch[2], I should be able to
replace buffer_*() calls with buflib equivalents. Since there's been no
discussion on the naming and API, I will do this with what I have now.

After that, I'll rewrite some parts as I've already done with dircache
so they're more easily handable with buflib. Then enable compaction.

For after the release, I would like to get stuff into SVN to get some
more testing.

Best regards.

[1]: https://github.com/kugel-/buflib
[2]: