Subject: Re: Possibly skin break again

Re: Possibly skin break again

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 14:17:57 +1000

On 8 July 2011 10:57, Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 7:50 PM, Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> Because I dont know how long ill be able  to suppoort the hack, and
>> doing it more permenantly means we are stuck with it which I dont
>> want. There is no real reason t frce the change now though
>>

> Isn't it better to force change at a known time? Otherwise if it's
> just "until the old method breaks and you don't feel like fixing it"
> we just may end up with it accidentally breaking, and confusing users
> that it's not a bug.
>
> Putting in a compatibility tag suggests to users that we actually want
> to keep the old method around.

Not necessarily. Adding this tag means the old behaviour is deprecated
and could stop working any time. We (well I) wont support any skins
which rely on that deprecated behaviour.

Simply breaking the behaviour will cause alot of pain for alot of
people for no real reason other than I hate the current behaviour.