Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: FS#10849 - Sleep timer options: persistent duration and start on boot

Re: FS#10849 - Sleep timer options: persistent duration and start on boot

From: Thomas Jarosch <tomj_at_simonv.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 09:20:10 +0200

On Sunday, 14. August 2011 23:05:40 Alex Parker wrote:
> On 14/08/11 22:41, sideral wrote:
> > That won't work so nicely as the two menu entries you suggest to merge
> > live in two different menus. I'd prefer to keep it that way because
> > starting the timer is not a persistent setting and hence doesn't belong
> > into the Settings menu.
> >
> > sideral
>
> This sounds rather irritating for those of us that set a different time
> each time depending on circumstances - I now have to go into one menu to
> set the time, then another to actually start it?
>
> Can't we think of some way of having all the sleep timer stuff together?

How about this one:

*** Settings > General > System > Sleep timer ***
Default sleep timer duration (time)
Start at boot (yes/no)

*** System > (Date & Time) menu ***
"Start sleep timer" -> Brings back the old sleep timer selector
with the "default sleep timer duration" selected as default.

That way we would get the persistent sleep timer and a sensible
default value while keeping to freedom to choose another value easily.

Changes to current patch:
- "Sleep timer duration" becomes "Default sleep timer duration"
- Add selector back to start sleep timer menu entry

Cheers,
Thomas