Subject: Re: FS#10849 - Sleep timer options: persistent duration and start on boot

Re: FS#10849 - Sleep timer options: persistent duration and start on boot

From: Thomas Martitz <kugel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 15:43:19 +0200

Am 15.08.2011 15:17, schrieb Menachem:

> What about adding one new setting that let you chose whether you
> wanted to persistently set the last sleep value every time you turned
> on the player. If you chose to activate that setting, whatever the
> last sleep timer was set to would start again when the player was
> turned on again.

No, please don't add even more settings just for this. In my suggestion
it is always persistent.

> This would leave the present sleep setting unaffected. You could use
> it as you've always used it. The added functionality is that if you
> enable the persistent setting, all you have to do to reactivate the
> timer with the last value used it turn the player back on.
>
> If you find you want to disable the timer while the persistent option
> is set, just go into the timer menu and set it to 0. The next time you
> reboot the player it will still be disabled, since that was the last
> setting.

In my suggestion the item where you set the time transforms into an
"cancel current timer" item, i.e. you just select this to cancel. You
don't need to select 0 and the initial time is still remembered.

Best regards.