Subject: Re: Settings reordering.

Re: Settings reordering.

From: Marianne Arnold <m.arnold_at_telecolumbus.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 21:25:06 +0200

Am 23.08.2011 16:36, schrieb Jonathan Gordon:
> As a first step I've attempted to get every setting used by all
> targets into a list which we can work with.
> https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqzlOGMuRZ7OdGNvcFE4QUdOSENnX1JPVXFvMUFTaFE&hl=en_US
>
> This is from the settings_dumper output from the h300, player, e200
> and mr500 sims. That hopefully covers every setting but someone will
> need to double check this! This also doesnt include any current menu
> items which are not settings!

If I see correctly, the Player is the only hwcodec target in there so some sound settings specific to the MAS all the other hwcodec players are using will be missing and also hwcodec recording settings (but it provides the additional charcell settings). All of these could be tricky trying to retrieve from a sim anyway, if I remember correctly.

Another thing that crossed my mind were remote related settings for the greyscale Iaudio remote. Although I believe that in comparison to the mono remotes there are only some differing items like "set as remote backdrop" in context menus and I don't know if the context menus are on the plan for this reordering too.

All in all - maybe it would make more sense to look at english.lang, leaving out voice only strings etc.?

Just an idea,
Marianne