Subject: Re: Git/gerrit migration status and next steps

Re: Git/gerrit migration status and next steps

From: Thomas Martitz <kugel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 10:53:24 +0200

Am 07.09.2011 10:29, schrieb Nils Wallménius:
> I think it could be interesting to test it actually.

Testing it will probably show that it works in the beginning, but it
will not show that this way degrades to clicking away commits like ads
(without even looking) in the long (or even short) term.

We can't force people to actually review. And we can't force them to do
it properly. This way has no hope of working as intended.

What it may work for is to open the ability to point at someone else for
every controversial/bad/unwanted commit. This even reduces the
motivation to review (and to work on Rockbox in general).

Best regards.