Subject: Audio library GSOC

Audio library GSOC

From: Mike Giacomelli <giac2000_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 20:04:46 -0700

Hi Everyone,

Jonathan wanted me to fill in everyone about GSOC. We passed Sean because he did good work in spite of me not really being there for him as much as I should have been. Unfortunately I've been extremely busy with trying to graduate, particularly over the last two months. I really want to get the code from Sean's GSOC project committed, but I'm not sure when I'm going to have time to really dig into it.

If anyone is interested, his patches separate the audio codecs from the apps tree and allow compiling them as a library outside of rockbox. There is a useful command line interface that allows using codecs and some DSP functions as a standalone program. I want to get this committed in Rockbox, then begin releasing his library as a separate download from rockbox, either with major rockbox releases, or just yearly in case other groups want to use our code.

Thanks, and sorry for not being around as much lately.

Michael