Subject: Re: FS#12321 - Touchscreen: List line padding, to more easily select lines

Re: FS#12321 - Touchscreen: List line padding, to more easily select lines

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 10:12:24 +1100

On 9 October 2011 07:43, Torne Wuff <torne+rockboxdev_at_wolfpuppy.org.uk> wrote:

>> 1) this can already be done in the themes
>
> The automatic setting *can't* currently be done in themes, since
> themes are only resolution dependent, not dpi dependent. Android
> devices have a pretty wide range there...
>
> --
> Torne Wuff
> torne_at_wolfpuppy.org.uk

Is that a challenge? :) everything about this patch can already be
done in svn, and the configuration can be added. This is *not* a
useability thing because it is only going to work reliably (err, at
all) for themes which *dont* use skinned lists (which hopefully wont
be very many once themers get the hang of them).

On 9 October 2011 07:31, Frank Gevaerts <frank_at_gevaerts.be> wrote:
> 1) While it's true that there has been work in that direction, I don't
>   think it's entirely fair to say it can be done today. Skinnable
>   viewports still have some issues, and I'm not convinced we have all
>   infrastructure in place to fully implement the default lists.

nothing impossible to fix.

Anyway, dead horse beaten. This patch adds nothing which cant already be done.