Subject: Re: Trimming the lcd api

Re: Trimming the lcd api

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 19:29:31 +0200

Dave Hooper wrote:
> There would need to be more arguments, if everything was unified into one
> function. In particular: for scrolling lines you need to know both the 'line
> number' and the coordinates (the scroll tracking doesn't work off
> coordinates along, it's a list currently indexed by line number measured in
> chars not pixels).

You are right, scroll_engine is line based too. I would however rather say this means the scroll_engine needs to be updated too.

> Additionally, at least one of the puts variants appears
> to specify width+height limits (clipping maybe).

Some functions use offset in x and y axis. x_offset means how many pixels should be cropped from the left edge of the resulting bitmap (for smooth scrolling). This is the parameter I call xcrop. y_offset is merely used to pixel-adjust the position of a line, for smooth vertical scrolling. It is not needed with pixel positioning.

--
Björn