Subject: Re: Context and action for mapping keys

Re: Context and action for mapping keys

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 20:38:04 +1100

Please don't add special actions for a single device. We try to make
all rockbox targets consistant with eachother so anyone picking up an
ipod immediately knows how to use it if they are coming from a clip.
Not only that, I'm very suspicious about how you plan on getting all
the standard buttons in with a keypad which doesnt appear any less
limited than the h300?

On 28 November 2011 19:33, Jean-Louis Biasini <jlbiasini_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like:
> - some WPS to Database action (we have one to browser, one to playlist)

The keymap is the wrong place for this. If you want to provide
wps->file and wps->database it should be a user configurable option
for all targets.

> didn't find one...
> - Context for playlist and action for deleting item in it that could be
> directly mapped to a device

Use the ACTION_HOTKEY action for that.

Jonathan