Subject: Support for embedded cuesheets

Support for embedded cuesheets

From: Nick Peskett <rockbox_at_peskett.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 09:49:33 +0000

Hello,

Unless there are objections or suggestions for a better method of
implementation, I hoped to commit my patch "Support for embedded
cuesheets" at some point.

http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/12419

It currently supports the FLAC tag (Vorbis comment) CUESHEET as well as
the custom ID3v2 TXXX CUESHEET tag.

http://flac.sourceforge.net/documentation_tools_flac.html#flac_options_tag_from_file

I've gone for this approach for a number of reasons;

  - The existing code for reading cuesheet files was easy to modify to
take an offset and number of bytes to read.
  - Embedded cuesheets (as opposed to the FLAC cuesheet metadata block)
can contain TITLE/ PERFORMER.
  - Embedding cuesheets "as is" in metadata is easily added to other
formats (Ogg Vorbis and Speex already work as a by-product).

If there's enough demand, I could look into adding FLAC cuesheet
metadata block support at a later date.

Cheers,

Nick