Subject: Re: HWCODEC

Re: HWCODEC

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 12:27:37 +1100

On 15 December 2011 10:58, Rafaël Carré <funman_at_videolan.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Le Wed, 14 Dec 2011 18:21:42 -0500,
> Mike Giacomelli <giac2000_at_hotmail.com> a écrit :
>> Advantages:
>>
>> ***Greatly simplify large parts of the code for SWCODEC targets (see
>> JdGordon's forum posts in rockbox general)

So, my issue isnt so much HWCODEC but CHARCELL support (which just
happens to be HWCODEC). (also low ram targets).
As I said in the forum post, all the ui customisability could be
easily be removed in a low-mem config (which could even be done in svn
if that is wanted).

The topic really should be discussing deprecating/dropping
LCD_CHARCELL, HWCODEC engine and what to do with low mem targets.

Jonathan