Subject: Re: HWCODEC

Re: HWCODEC

From: Boris Gjenero <boris.gjenero_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 14:04:24 -0500

On 16/12/11 03:57 AM, Rafaël Carré wrote:
> However I think we are a few wanting to know amiconn's opinion since
> he's been quite involved in archos port and he has some expertise that
> could be helpful.

I agree that expertise is needed.

Also, people with HWCODEC devices are needed. The sim can't be used to
test everything. It's possible to find other bugs by just analyzing
code, but I think it's important to be able to actually test things.
Also, I suspect it would be hard to sustain interest without an actual
device.

I can help but I don't know much about the quirks of particular HWCODEC
devices and I only have a Recorder V2. Often it's only possible to
figure things out by analyzing code, and looking at old web pages or
IRC logs.

Regards,

Boris