Subject: Re: ipod videos help

Re: ipod videos help

From: Michael Sparmann <theseven_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 08:33:25 +0100

> > ok i have rockbox on my ipod video , and when i turn it on it has
> boot menu
> > , with turnoff button , rockbox , then emor console , settings,
> how do i
> > boot the original firmware ,ur directions on manual dont help
> because the
> > apple logo doesnt show nor does either method work , can u please
> help me
> > out , thanks

This smells like it's actually an iPod Classic, not an iPod Video.
Please note that this is not a supported device. Rockbox might run on
it, but it's classified as "unusable" for a reason.

> so if i reset ipod and use bootloader instead of emcore , than i can
> dual boot the ofw and cfw back and forth?

On the iPod Classic, dualboot is not yet possible. Booting the original
firmware is only possible if you uninstall the bootloader (emCORE in
this case) first.