Subject: Re: plugins

Re: plugins

From: Nils Wallménius <nils.wallmenius_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 11:33:05 +0100

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 10:12 PM, Hayden Pearce
<saint.lascivious_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Apart from test_*, what plugins actually are "useful" for RaaA? Perhaps
> vbrfix too...certainly not many. The new Samsung application target is
> really a "special case" as far as I'm aware as I'm not certain its a given
> that there will be a native application available to replace said plugins as
> there is with say, RaaAoA.
>
> If the host can offer a better alternative, I'm not sure its wise to even
> attempt to compete. In the situations where the host can't, however...this
> may be viewed differently.
>
> [Saint]

 I generally agree about plugins on RAAA. But there are at least two
that are directly related to core functionality, the random folder
advance thing and properties, some music formats are handled by
plugins too, like midi and mikmod. I don't think any of these require
a complicated keymap, most of them probably just use lists anyway.
Some people might like pictureflow too.

Nils