Subject: Re: PP502x cache bug and ATA DMA test build

Re: PP502x cache bug and ATA DMA test build

From: Boris Gjenero <boris.gjenero_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 23:36:25 -0500

On 12-02-05 01:01 PM, David Hall wrote:
> On 02/05/2012 09:33 AM, Boris Gjenero wrote:
>> Could this just be due to all the CPU activity using a lot of power and
>> causing a low battery shutdown?
>>

> No. My Nano battery is weak (those 6 minutes of passes ate 20% of the
> battery) but my Sansa battery is very strong still, and it is/was at
> full charge.

I don't understand how any of this could repeatably cause a shutdown.

I'm also wondering about why the passes would be faster on the Sansa e200.

Here's a test plugin which does the same memory access pattern, but
doesn't do any cache operations. I wonder if the same shutdown happens
with unaltered.mi4 and this plugin:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16662598/Rockbox/pp502x_cache_test/e200_pp502x_cache_notest.zip
If there are any problems then, it's either a bug in the test plugin or
e200 instability under high CPU and/or memory load.

Best regards,

Boris