Subject: Re: re FS#12625 - Sleep timer setting is broken

Re: re FS#12625 - Sleep timer setting is broken

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 09:33:20 +1100

On 28 March 2012 01:05, Nick Peskett <rockbox_at_peskett.co.uk> wrote:

> Unfortunately this has been the case with the callback since 2007;
>
> http://svn.rockbox.org/viewvc.cgi/trunk/apps/menus/main_menu.c?view=diff&pathrev=30777&r1=12548&r2=12549
>
> As you move through the menu items the sleep timer continually gets reset,
> so when you cancel the menu item the last set remains.

Yes, because it is using a callback for set_int() which really isnt
necessary. I started this email last night after realising removing
that callback and setting the initial value to "off" would break the
other two settings. This is an easy fix.

> This is pretty much how it was in the original patch before many opinions on
> IRC and the ML stripped it down to the bare minimum changes acceptable to
> get it committed.
>
> http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/10849#comment40259
>
> http://www.rockbox.org/mail/archive/rockbox-dev-archive-2011-08/0018.shtml

I dont' see discussion in either of those links about stripping the
options down, and anyway, they can probably be ignored anyway. Would
you like to split it back to how it was?

Jonathan