Subject: Re: Changing build/release terminology

Re: Changing build/release terminology

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 20:13:07 +0200

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Torne Wuff <torne_at_wolfpuppy.org.uk> wrote:
> I propose that we do our best to switch to the following terminology
> consistently in our written materials:
>
> 1) "Stable release": e.g. stable release 3.10.
> 2) "Development build": e.g. development build abc123g.
> 3) "Archived development build": the daily snapshots Rockbox Utility
> can install.

Sounds sensible to me. But while at it, how about dropping those
"daily" / "Archived development" builds, at least from documentation
and Rockbox Utility? People install either the latest release or the
current snapshot, and daily builds being somewhat more stable (which,
IIRC, was the intention of them some years back) isn't the case at
all.

And as an alternate proposal, how about "Development snapshot" instead
of "Development build"?

 - Dominik