Subject: creating voice files for bulgarian on sansa clip zip using Rockbox Utility

creating voice files for bulgarian on sansa clip zip using Rockbox Utility

From: Zahari Yurukov <zahari.yurukov_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 14:44:27 +0300

Hi devs,
I've installed latest development version of Rockbox yesterday on Sansa
Clip Zip using Rockbox Utility.
I'm trying to create voice files for Bulgarian using Rockbox Utility and
SAPI5 synth (actually i've tryed 2 synths - eSpeak and a proprietery one).
The result was a voice file around 400 kilobytes, which was obviously to
be incomplete, and definitely that was the case - only 1 of every few
messages was voiced. There were no errors - everything finished
successfully.
I've downloaded the English file, which you have made with festival and
it works perfect.
Then I've made a Russian voice file, with eSpeak again, and it was
around 1600 kilobytes and it worked as expected.
  Now I'm thinking that in Bulgarian translation (which is quite good)
the strings for voicing are not presented for all entries.
I think that copying all strings from the GUI into the voicing will be
quite enough, at least for now (if not - I can contribute for that - I'm
native speaker).

That, of course, is only my assumption about the problem. Can you look
at it, please?

Best wishes and greetings for your good work,
Zahari Yurukov