Subject: RE: Archos Recorder build fails: too big

RE: Archos Recorder build fails: too big

From: Mike Giacomelli <giac2000_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 21:09:10 -0400

> There is that suggestion, or we could just drop support for HWCODEC
> completely... considering so few developers even have the AJBR (and
> fewer use it on a regular basis) what does keeping it around give us?

 still prefer option discussed here:

http://www.rockbox.org/mail/archive/rockbox-dev-archive-2011-12/0061.shtml

That is, forking into a legacy branch for low memory targets (SW+HW),
and a SWCODEC only branch. I think in that thread nearly everyone
agreed that it was a good idea, at least eventually. Perhaps the time
has come?

Mike