Subject: Re: Some JTAGd players

Re: Some JTAGd players

From: Robert Menes <viewtiful.icchan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 08:36:50 -0500

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 1:31 AM, Karl Kurbjun <kkurbjun_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I am in the process of cleaning up some old projects and I have a couple of
> development devices that I no longer need for so I thought I would see if
> there is interest here.
>
> The first is a Gigabeat F with JTAG and UART soldered out the side with a
> ribbon cable - it is missing the side and bottom panel but is otherwise in
> one piece. The touch pad is sensitive which makes it difficult to use
> through the menus, but I might have another digitizer I can send with it
> along with some other spare parts. It has a 30GB hard drive.
>
> The second is an Olympus M:Robe 500 with JTAG soldered out the top (with a
> small cut in the case to accommodate the ribbon cable). From what I recall
> JTAG is a bit twitchy though. The Olympus comes with a stand, remote
> control, and a homemade USB cable. There is a 20GB hard drive in this
> device and I have replaced the flash so it has a fully replaced bootloader -
> boot time from fully off is about 10 seconds or so. The boot process is a
> little iffy though - sometimes the screen tweaks out and it has to be reset.
>
> Both would come with a power supply if I can find them.
>
> I do not have time to hack on them anymore so they are free to a developer
> that would give them a good home (if anyone is even interested). I don't
> mind shipping in the USA for free - anything else would have to be
> discussed.

Hey Karl,

I wouldn't mind taking them off your hands. I can use them to learn a
few things about
how JTAG works, and maybe bring them to a hardware hacking group I'm
part of in NYC. :)

Contact me off-list for my address.

Cheers!

--Robert

--
Nobody's ever lost in life...they're merely taking the scenic route.