Subject: Re: GSoC 2013

Re: GSoC 2013

From: Thomas Martitz <kugel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 08:45:14 +0100

Am 13.02.2013 05:45, schrieb Austin Appel:
> So, I guess I will make this short: do we want to make the push to do
> GSoC again this year or not?
>
> See this email for the longer version of this email (minus the
> "decided not to apply bit...):
> http://www.rockbox.org/mail/archive/rockbox-dev-archive-2012-03/0023.shtml

I'm writing my master thesis this summer. This is supposed to be a
half-to-75%-time job. I could perhaps mentor in the rest of the time
(unless experienced mentors say this is likely not sufficient).

I think a nice project would be to work further on the codeclib. It
works as a library for warble, but I don't think it's actually usable by
real applications yet. Or a library which does more than just codecs
(i.e. that includes our buffering and playback engine). Another nice
project (but probably too heavy) would be a basic Java-based UI for RaaA
on android.

Can you sense what I'm after? ;)

Best regards.