Subject: Ladies and gentlemens, we have sound on the Creative ZEN X-Fi Style

Ladies and gentlemens, we have sound on the Creative ZEN X-Fi Style

From: Amaury Pouly <amaury.pouly_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 15:14:22 +0100

I'm pleased to announce that Rockbox successfully played its first track on
the Creative ZEN X-Fi Style: PrototypeRaptor - Drive Hard

The port was completely trivial except for a little quirk with the MBR
handling, so I did it mostly for free. There are two kinds of LCD so I
obviously could only test one of them. Dual boot has not been attempted but
I don't expect any issue here. Speaker is not handled for the same reason
it is not on the others (lack of framework in Rockbox) but I'm working on
it.

The players looks nice except for the annoying lack of hold button and the
small buttons. It can also do TV-out in theory. Also contrary to older
other Creative players, this one can easily be supported by Rockbox
Utility, just like the Fuze+.

Cheers,

NOTE: I have not forgot the ZEN (X-Fi, MX) users, I'm still stuck with some
LCD and power issues on those devices.

Amaury Pouly