Subject: Re: Archos devices: time to let them rest?

Re: Archos devices: time to let them rest?

From: Rocker <>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 20:00:10 -0700

"Frank Gevaerts" wrote on Sunday, February 09, 2014 5:06 AM (snip)
> Let us try to remember Rockbox on the Archos in its glory days, when it
> showed the world what a digital audio player could really do.

Dam man I easily recall the Voice UI beginning on my Archos Recorder V1, FMR
and Ondio players.
Jourg D, and a few other pioneers back in 2003 (I think) truly brought
access and extreme happiness to my life as a blind dude looking for some
I for one, will never forget the RB Dev community which was then ans still
is now, the most amazing Open Source Project I have ever had the pleasure to
take advantage of.
I have thrown a few bucks in the pot over time which is meaningless in
comparison to the Developers man you guys rule!
There is no doubt in my mind that Apple would not have gone hard on blind
access via Voice Over if it were not for Rocbox which was first before Apple
to make Apple talk!
Way to go Rockbox and Archos for that matter man LOL!

Thanks Guys & Gals for the last decade plus!