Subject: Re: Archos devices: time to let them rest?

Re: Archos devices: time to let them rest?

From: Steph.MMyahoo <Seumeumeuh_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 12:38:39 +0100

I have a old Archos gmini 212 which on which rockbox was never ported.
This may seem off subject but my point is : I still use it and I guess I
may still use Archos Jukebox if I had one. It is/would be dedicated to
voice files or as a player I can/could leave in my car without thinking
I'd be sorry if it was stolen.

Now to the point : as it's been said these players are stable and won't
be improved so of course push them aside but not out. There are 2 kind
of players on rockbox.org : stable & unstable. I suggest to create a
third one = old unsupported ports which were stable... or not whenever
unstable does not mean unusable (as for my Cowon D2).

This may BE off topic in the development group, if so I apologize, only
trying to show the end-user point of view

Regards,

Steph.

Envoyé de mon aMac