Subject: Re: Extending the metronome plugin

Re: Extending the metronome plugin

From: Jonathan Gordon <>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 16:57:43 +1000

On 19 June 2014 16:19, Thomas Orgis <> wrote:
> 1. Is there an API call to get a file selection dialog or should the
> plugin instead register as handler/codec for tempo map files to be started
> from the main "files" menu? Excuse me for not finding that answer
> myself, I didn't find an obvious place where API/plugin design is
> documented. Pointers welcome, of course.

I havnt done anything with plugins for ages but I'm pretty sure there isnt
an API to choose a file. Your best option is to register as the extension
handler (done in apps/plugins/viewers.config). Plugins have access to
anything in the plugin_api struct (in plugin.h) and there are some extra
stuff in apps/plugins/lib/ which you might find useful (or not!).

> 2. Is using the display as flashing indicator LED feasible? I guess it
> should be for the Clip+, as it's just a little grid of OLEDs. But the
> question would be if it can be done quickly in a timely manner to serve
> as metronome (thinking of switching the whole upper or lower half for
> opposing tick/tock). Since there is no background illumination, it
> should be rather power conservative to have all black pixels most of
> the time, right? And regarding the speed/latency: I remember running
> Doom on that display, so that should technically work;-)
Sure, you can draw whatever you want to the display and control the
backlight so go nuts!