Subject: Re: Extending the metronome plugin

Re: Extending the metronome plugin

From: Ryan Billing <ryjobil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 13:09:43 -0700

(esp. since I intend to change the default sound to nicely annoying
square wave,
I created a metronome for the open source guitar FX processor rakarrack:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/rakarrack/
http://sourceforge.net/p/rakarrack/git/ci/master/tree/src/metronome.C

The basic idea is I was whacking a 2nd order filter with moderately high
Q. It has a little less annoying sound and is efficient enough because
you only have to run the filter for the duration of its impulse
response, then reset state variables.

Just an idea if you're interested. I think it sounds a little better
than a plain square wave or square pulse, but still is not very complicated.