Subject: Re: Extending the metronome plugin

Re: Extending the metronome plugin

From: Steph <seumeumeuh_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 00:07:29 +0200

-------- Original Message --------
From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum_at_orgis.org>
Sent: 29 June 2014 16:22:21 CEST
To: rockbox-dev_at_cool.haxx.se

Am Mon, 23 Jun 2014 13:33:31 +0100
schrieb Dave Hooper <dave_at_beermex.com>:

> As both a dev and a musician, I feel qualified to answer :-) I would say
> that a single plugin that can do both basic time-signature and rhythmic
> click-track functions would be better than two separate plugins, and that
> calling this advanced plugin a 'metronome' makes perfect sense to me too.

OK, then ... I still added the prototype as a separate plugin since I
changed controls and deleted the tempo changing stuff. After figuring
out the UI concept, the plugins can easily be merged again --- see
comments in the added source file. I uploaded my current working hack
to http://gerrit.rockbox.org/887 .

Comments welcome.

Alrighty then,

Thomas

Since I lent all my players, I won't be able to try and comment the plugin. Being no musician I guess I wouldn't have been a good tester anyway... and I am not even sure I would have figured out how to install it. Is it hard by the way ? I mean can it be explained in plain words to my nephew who is not skilled in technology (less skilled than I am, which could well be absolutely dumb). On the other hand he's a good guitar player and I got interested in this plugin because of that so I might check if he's available for a test (busy guy ;-p)
--
Tshaw !!
Steph