Subject: Please help test gerrit#890

Please help test gerrit#890

From: Jonathan Gordon <>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 23:21:10 +1000

Hi all,

Over the last few days I've been working on redoing how the skin engine
manages its buffers. My goal is to finally get rid of all the semi-random
skin issues and this is the first step.

This patch adds some error handling and will also make any issues blow up
in a more debug-able way (hopefully a data abort!).

This first version should work with all tags except the skinned lists
(which hasn't seen much use anyway) but that will happen over the weekend.

A side benefit of this is a slightly smaller binary (seems to be about 5K
smaller on the ipod video build).

Please let me know if you find any crashes - or even better if this fixes
any crashes with your troublesome skins!