Subject: HD/SSD for iAudio X5L/iRiver H340 (was: Re: Fixing lags/freezes with SSD in iriver H320)

HD/SSD for iAudio X5L/iRiver H340 (was: Re: Fixing lags/freezes with SSD in iriver H320)

From: Aura Kelloniemi <spammi.helevetti_at_nbl.fi>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 13:22:23 +0300

Hello, and sorry for cross-posting

My questions are related to the following post:

Jonas Wielicki <j.wielicki_at_sotecware.net> writes:

> Hello rockbox-dev,

> This is basically a repost of of my forum post [1], as I was indicated
> to have a try on the mailing list. I'll repost everything here in a
> restructured manner + some more details for the sake of completeness though.

> I recently replaced the toshiba HDD (which had a hardware defect, i.e.
> it only went tick-tick-tick crrrsssh on certain songs and I/O-errord
> when trying to access those via USB) in my iriver H320 with a 60GB 1.8"
> 50-pin IDE SSD (MXSSD1MNANO50-60G). After reinstalling rockbox software
> (bootloader was still there ofc), everything worked fine, but a few
> minutes of playback later, some errors may (I say may, because the
> symptoms differ, see below) occur:
> * Playback reliably stops
> * “Error accessing playlist control file” - may occur
> * Freeze - may occur after the above error; however, freeze might also
> be me too unpatient when trying to turn the player off
> * Freeze if one tries to do anything with the drive (e.g. accessing
> files, loading a theme…)

So now my iAudio X5L's HD got broken and I would like to replace it with an
SSD, if possible. Does anyone know about any news related to this post? I also
have a iRiver H340 so I'm also interested about its status.

If it is very unlikely that these issues have been resolved, or if it is
likely that some new issues will arise, I will resort to an old HD. This is
because I'm blind which makes debugging these problems somewhat hard.

Does anyone know, if old IDE HD's can still be found somewhere?

--
Aura