> How good is the audio output (power & quality signal) ?
> How long will the port on a full charge ?
While I hope the answer to the 1st question could be "good enough", I guess depending on how old & used the port is, the answer might be deceiving. In short with a good battery and bought at low price, this port could be very usable with quite a large screen & a nice form factor.
Good move !
-------- Message d'origine --------
De : Lorenzo Miori <memorys60_at_gmail.com>
Envoyé : 10 mai 2015 16:49:26 UTC+02:00
À : Rockbox development <rockbox-dev_at_cool.haxx.se>
Objet : Re-purpose of forgotten gadgets: palm tungsten e2
Ladies and gents,
I'm proud to announce another new target, a vintage gadget from the 2005
palmOne tungsten e2, whose test bench has been setup in a couple of hours
thanks to the union of a kernel and a solid audio software :)
I invite you to have a look here
The steps have been the following:
1) testing of existing stuff; bootloading a Linux kernel
2) compilation of the newest kernel (yes, 4.x, yes hardware support out of
3) creation of a fresh toolchain plus a shiny little rootfs (buildroot)
4) quick & dirty hack of ypr0 target to make it runnable on this platform
(the canonical logo show-off)
Everything but framebuffer isn't working; in the next days I will setup a
new target and writing some drivers for it.
Specs: CPU Intel xscale pxa 255; 16mb ram; 200mhz. Sdcard storage (dunno
what is the max size perhaps around 2 gigs? Maybe Linux does a better job).
Audio out is kind of powerful but the quality made me wondering ... I'm
quite sure the problem is not in the DAC/analog section but rather in the
crappy r**l player palm os edition !
- generic touchpad support (Linux)
- generic gpio keypad (Linux)
- ac97 audio (alsa should be fine; volume etc to implement)
- this time HW specific features at a minimum, since everything should be
Linux API in theory. Study is needed.
Alongside in the series will be a crappybook based on a Wolfson SOC which
also supports Linux well enough for Rockbox! The big screen opens up
possibilities for video playback. USB are present etc!
Hybrid RaaA isn't that bad, is it? Perhaps we should invent another
specific term as well....
Cheers & Have a nice day!
Envoyé de mon aPhone
Received on 2015-05-10