Subject: Re: Sleep (After Backlight Off) option

Re: Sleep (After Backlight Off) option

From: Udo Schläpfer via rockbox-dev <>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 13:08:13 +0200

On 2015-05-20 11:23 PM, Eduard Kutuev via rockbox-dev wrote:
> Is Settings - General Settings - Display - LCD Settings - Sleep (After
> Backlight Off) option used by anyone? It keeps touchscreen work after
> backlight is off. Why does it have default setting to 10s instead of
> Always?

I am using this to keep touchscreen functional after backlight off.

> It looks like a very annoying bug for users who don’t suppose there’s
> such an option.

It's not a bug, it's a feature ;-)

On 21.05.2015 06:11, Boris Gjenero via rockbox-dev wrote:

> BTW. I just notice one way to cause a problem: if I turn off the
> backlight, I can't turn on the LCD by touching the controls. So, if I
> wanted the backlight to stay off and the LCD to come on when I use the
> controls and shut off after a specific time, I can't do that. I never
> wanted to do this because it would be a problem in the dark.

Could you pls clearify this:
- What does turn off the backlight mean? Backlight allways off per
setting? Or backlight off per timeout?
- You can not turn on the LCD with a button press?

LCD (touchscreen) and backlight a linked. Both are turned on by a user
action. AFAIK the device independent code does not consider independent
handling of backlight and LCD (touchscreen).

Thats one reason the iBasso devices have these "hold switch" and "modern
user interface" patches floating around.

TschÖ Udo.