Subject: POC Fuze+ scrollstrip support

POC Fuze+ scrollstrip support

From: Sebastian Leonhardt via rockbox-dev <>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 14:35:29 +0200

Dear rockboxers,

here you go, Fuze+ with up/down sliding support!
To be honest I wrote this patch to promote my scrollstrip patch (g#786)
and give it - or rather it's extension - a larger tester base.

The challenge of this code is: while the original patch works quite well
with up/down movements, the Fuze+ also uses the centre as Select button
(and other scrollstrip targets as well, like Philips HDD1630). So it's
mandatory to implement long-button-presses, at least for the centre
button, to not completely break rockbox' user interface philosophy.

For this reasen this patch allows different strip-button-modes,
accessible via:
Settings > General Settings > System > Scrollstrip handling
* "Doubleclick mode": a short tap directly followed by a tap-and-hold
will send a long button press (like your laptop's touchpad).
   Disadvantage: you get a latency on single taps.
* "Long press mode": just stay long enough on the same spot, and you'll
get repeated button events.
   Disadvantage: you get a big delay for long button presses, and you
get inadvertent button activity if you accidentally stay too long on the
same place.
* Both of the above can be set to only work on the centre button.
* "Off": The usual behaviour; Sometimes the best setting. Try playing
Doom with scrollstrip mode :)

If you like to play with the timing constants: I was too lazy to make
them configurable via menu, so look out for BUTTON_DOUBLECLICK_TIME and
BUTTON_LONG_PRESS_TIME. You find them in

You may also like to play with the Settings > General Settings > System
> Scrollstrip speed and afterscroll settings.

I'd appreciate any comments (via mailing list, gerrit or via IRC - I
read the logs), especialy to these questions:

* I don't think we need all of the above settings. So which setting do
you like best, and which can be discarded?
* Any Opinions about the doubleclick/long-press timing setting? Should
it be configurable?

Have fun,