Subject: Re: USB IDs

Re: USB IDs

From: Amaury Pouly via rockbox-dev <rockbox-dev_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 00:06:33 +0000

> Now that we have the PIDs, it's time to assign them to targets. The
> current plan is to allocate all the stable targets and some of the
> in-development ones (e.g. ipod6g) a unique PID, and all the rest a "generic
> rockbox device" PID.
>
> Since each target is going to have two potential IDs (OF and Rockbox), I
think it raises the question of which one to choose. I suggest we add a
setting to choose between OF and Rockbox assigned IDs, and maybe even
provide support from custom IDs if this feature is wanted. The default
choice should be OF at least for all existing targets, I don't know what it
should be for newer ones, perhaps still OF to avoid confusion ?