Subject: Need to wait for dircache if previous build was interrupted

Need to wait for dircache if previous build was interrupted

From: Boris Gjenero via rockbox-dev <rockbox-dev_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 20:03:44 -0500

Hello everyone,

Since upgrading to a 120 GB hard drive, dircache builds take longer.
It's a bit annoying to have to wait for them with "Scanning disk..."
displayed.

It seems this happens because in tree_flush() in apps/tree.c, the saved
dircache size is updated by "global_status.dircache_size =
info.last_size;", and info.last_size is not set until the scanning is
finished. It seems I can get around this by not updating the size if
info.last_size is zero. This is the change I made:
https://github.com/dreamlayers/rockbox/commit/a02d64799f16598eb5db9c26a799cb123b7b8f53

Maybe I should have just put that up for review on Gerrit, but I don't
know enough about dircache to know if there is some potential problem,
so I'm first asking here.

(This commit is on a personal branch with other modifications, which is
currently installed on my 5G iPod. It's not based on the latest master
because I had some responsiveness problems with a newer version.)

Best regards,
Boris