Subject: Re: Moving services

Re: Moving services

From: Jacob Mansfield via rockbox-dev <rockbox-dev_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 10:43:41 +0100

On 19 May 2017 at 09:10, Amaury Pouly via rockbox-dev <
rockbox-dev_at_cool.haxx.se> wrote:

> So basically the choice seems to be betwen Gitlab (self-host), Phabricator
> (self-host) and Github.

What about gitlab.com <https://gitlab.com/explore/projects/trending>?

Just my 2ยข, but I administrate a local gitlab server for my day job. I have
to say it's very nice compared to some other stuff out there, particularly
the CI system. I've currently got it set up running automated unit tests
and builds for Windows (C#), Android (Java), and Python programs, and the
only hard part was getting the right commands for the windows stuff. It
also has a rather handy feature of being able to set up isolated
instances/docker containers for each build/branch to do a full review
before merging. As far as I know, it supports all the features we use on
Gerrit, and I'd be happy to lend a hand setting it up or keeping it running.

--
Jacob