Subject: Re: Moving services

Re: Moving services

From: Thomas Jarosch via rockbox-dev <rockbox-dev_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2017 22:00:01 +0200

Hi Amaury,

On Freitag, 19. Mai 2017 10:10:04 CEST Amaury Pouly via rockbox-dev wrote:
> And here is the link to Phabricator:
> http://phabricator.pouly.fr/diffusion/R/
>
> So basically the choice seems to be betwen Gitlab (self-host), Phabricator
> (self-host) and Github.

thanks for setting up Phabricator!

I've never used gitlab or Phabricator before and personally the UI of
Phabricator feels more clean and also the way you can see / browse the changes
of a commit is very intuitive. gitlab looks pretty much like github?

There's another code review system that originated at Opera Software.
It's called "Critic": https://github.com/jensl/critic

The idea is that even the reviews are git based.
See here for the concepts:
https://github.com/jensl/critic/blob/master/documentation/concepts.txt

Does anyone have experience with Critic?

To me it seems it can be used a) offline and
b) mostly without a web interface.

Should we do a poll once we have the final systems selected?

Cheers,
Thomas