Subject: Proposed Function Additions to Plugins

Proposed Function Additions to Plugins

From: Wilgus William via rockbox-dev <rockbox-dev_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 11:25:30 -0400

Hello Fellow Rockboxers,

Good News Everyone :)

heh, I'd like to add a few functions to the plugin API and lua

First are a few IMO important settings for the plugin API
G#1567

    *sound_current(int setting)*

* returns the current sound setting from global_settings*
* complements sound_max, sound_min and sound_default*

^This will allow current sound setting to be read consistent with how the
current functions allow min, max and default to be read from a plugin

* set_sleeptimer_duration(int minutes)*
* get_sleep_timer(void)*

^I'd like to add this to allow sleep timer to be read/set/reset from plugins

* set_speaker_mode(int speaker_mode)*
* get_speaker_mode(void)*

I'd also like to get g#1566 Committed for lua to have access to the version

*'PLUGIN_API_VERSION'*
*'PLUGIN_MIN_API_VERSION'*

Any suggestions, objections, etc.. I'd like to get these added before too
very much more time passes

Thanks, Bilgus